TWO WAYS TO ENROLL
Murfreesboro City Schools online enrollment is open for the 2020-21 school year. Please read the detailed information below to decide which enrollment option is best for you.
Kindergarten enrollment is open May 7 through May 15, 2020.
Option 1) Incoming Kindergartners with NO MCS Siblings
Families of incoming kindergarten students who have no siblings in MCS and have never attended an MCS school should enroll online as a new student using the link below.
NOTE: After creating a new account and completing the initial online enrollment process, parents of ALL new students may either upload the required documentation or submit them in person at their zoned school.
To verify your school zone, you can view the MCS zoning map. You may also contact MCS Central Office at 615-893-2313 to verify your school zone.
Option 2) Incoming Kindergartners with MCS Siblings or Current MCS Pre-K Students
Families of incoming kindergartners who already have a Skyward Family Access account for a sibling currently enrolled in MCS, or have a current MCS Pre-K student, please use this link to register your rising kindergarten student.
If you do not have your Skyward Family Access login information, please contact your child’s school. If you have more than one child returning to MCS, you will use the same Family Access account to register each child.
NOTE: After completing the online enrollment process, parents of all NEW students may either upload the required documentation or submit them in person at their zoned school. If you have changed addresses since last school year, you must verify your new address at your zoned school.
Families with limited access to the internet may choose to register via paper registration. These registration applications and instructions can be found outside each school in a learning bin labeled “Kindergarten Registration”.
• Age: Tennessee law requires that a child must be 5 years of age on or before August 15, 2020 to enter kindergarten.
• Birth Certificate: A certified birth certificate of all children entering school for the first time.
• Immunization Record and Physical Exam: A Tennessee Department of Health “Official Immunization Certificate” must be provided to the school before the student’s first day of class. The certificate is available from the local Health Department or your child’s physician. Students who are exempt from immunizations are still required to have this certificate signed by a physician and have proof of a physical exam. This includes students entering Pre-K, kindergarten and students transferring from another state.
• Medical Examination: Tennessee law requires proof of physical examination for all students initially entering Tennessee schools. This includes students entering pre-K, kindergarten and students transferring from another state. This certificate is available from the local Health Department or your child’s physician.
• Proof of Residency: Each year, parents are required to show two forms for proof of residency, with name and current address on the document. If residing with another family, the primary homeowner must fill out a notarized Residency Affidavit; provide two proofs of residency under his/her name, and a photo I.D.
Acceptable proofs of residency:
• Utility bills (gas, electric, water) for the month prior to registration
• Cable or satellite bills for the month prior to registration
• Copy of signed Lease Agreement (including renewed Lease Agreements), signed valid non-contingent real estate contract, or signed executed Settlement Statement with supporting documentation
Special Notice: The Tennessee Legislature has declared it a compensable offense to intentionally misrepresent the address for the domicile of a student for enrollment purposes.
Parents are urged to register their children online during May 7 -15 even if they do not have all of their required forms or certificates. Missing forms may be turned in prior to the first day of school.