Dr. Linda Gilbert is proud to announce the appointment of Nina Bowie and Erin Phillips as Assistant Principals for Bradley Academy and Cason Lane Academy respectively.
Nina Bowie most recently served as the Dean of Instruction for Thurgood Marshall Middle Prep School in Cane Ridge. She has over nine years’ experience as a teacher and instructional coach in the greater Nashville area.
“Nina is committed to the whole child and is dedicated to the continued growth and development of students,” says Dr. Linda Gilbert, Director of Murfreesboro City Schools. “Her experience in numeracy and literacy will be an asset to Bradley and to the district.”
Bowie received her Master’s in Education Leadership from Trevecca Nazarene University and her Bachelor’s in Elementary Education from the University of Memphis. She has received certifications in Integration of Technology in the Classroom, Crisis Prevention Intervention, and Critical Friends Group Learning. Bowie also serves as a Tennessee Educator Acceleration Model (TEAM) evaluator.
Erin Phillips has been named Assistant Principal at Cason Lane Academy. Phillips rejoins MCS after serving two years with the Tennessee Department of Education as a South Central Reading Coach Consultant. Previously, Phillips served for eight years as a classroom teacher and Academic Coach at Hobgood Elementary.
“We are thrilled to welcome Erin back to Murfreesboro City Schools,” says Gilbert. “Her leadership skills, knowledge and personality will make her an inspiring administrator as she serves the Cason Lane community.”
Phillips received her Educational Specialist Degree (EdS), Masters and Bachelors from Middle Tennessee State University as well as her certification in Gifted Education.
These leaders will join the existing leadership team of Murfreesboro City Schools as the district moves forward in creating an environment of success for each of our 8,800 school children.
Additionally, two assistant principals, Natalie Hopkins and Sia Phillips, are transitioning to new schools this school year. The school administrative teams for the 2018-2019 school year are:
- Black Fox: Tiffany Strevel and Beverly Johnson
- Bradley: Jenny Ortiz and Nina Bowie
- Cason Lane: Shavon Davis-Louis and Erin Phillips
- Discovery: Kristina Maddux and Sia Phillips
- Erma Siegel: Emily Spencer and Crystal Farris
- Hobgood: Tammy Garrett and Quinena Bell
- John Pittard: Adam Bryson and Christy Robinson
- Mitchell-Neilson: Robin Newell, Terrance Haynes, and Christa Campbell
- Northfield: Gene Loyd and Julia Williams
- Overall Creek: Don Bartch and Raeshon Torres
- Reeves-Rogers: Cherrye Robertson and Natalie Hopkins
- Scales: Maria Johnson and Kevin Templeton