Thank you for your interest in the Murfreesboro City Schools Preschool Program.
The MCS Pre-K program is funded by a grant for low income or at-risk children. We serve four-year old children who are zoned for a city school.
- Children must be 4 years old by August 15, 2021.
- Children must live within the Murfreesboro city limits.
- Eligibility and tentative placements will be determined following the completion of the application process. You will receive a letter on or before July 15th letting you know about your child’s acceptance.
- If you have specific concerns or questions, you may email email@example.com.
Instructions for applying for Pre-K
The application should be filled out completely and attach the following documentation.
- Proof of income – one month of current pay stubs (4 if paid weekly, 2 if bi-weekly), W2, or a 2020 tax return, and public assistance verification like SNAP. Please submit a W-2, 2020 tax return, or current pay stubs to expedite the processing of your application and ensure determination of eligibility for all Preschool Programs including partnership slots with Mid-Cumberland Head Start.
- Proof of your address. The only documentation that will be accepted is copy of an electric, water, or gas bill or lease with the parent’s name and the service address on it. These bills may be no more than 60 days old.
- Copy of Official Birth Certificate – (official government-issued record of a person’s birth)
For first round priority, preschool staff will accept applications during the following weeks. Language translators will be available. Your child will need to be present for a screening. Please allow thirty minutes to one hour for the application process.
Murfreesboro City Schools Central Office – 2552 S. Church Street
- March 22, 23, 24 and 26 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- March 25 from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Head Start Office – 412 E. Vine Street
- April 12, 13, 14 and 16 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- April 15 from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m
Beginning April 19, applications will be accepted at the Murfreesboro City Schools Central Office, during normal business hours. Please note: preschool staff and language translators will not be available. All applications received after April 26 will be considered 2nd priority placements.
If your address, phone number, or email changes, please send the updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our preschool classrooms will be located in several schools for the 2021-22 school year. The school locations for the preschool classrooms will be based on the space available. We will continue to offer classrooms at our off-site location at Mercury Court. Children who reside within the Murfreesboro city limits and meet the eligibility requirements, regardless of your child’s zoned school, may be placed in a classroom based on location, zones, and proximity as long as space is available.
***Please follow the instructions for applying and guidelines for documentation carefully so that your application may be considered as complete.
If after reading the information on submitting an application, you have further questions you may email email@example.com or call 615-904-1015.
Applications can be picked at any MCS school location in a crate titled Pre-K Applications or simply download and complete the application from the link above. Forms should be returned during the application process dates listed above.
Did You Know?
Every child in Tennessee, birth to age five, is eligible to receive high-quality, age appropriate books in the mail monthly at no cost to families. Enroll in the Governor’s Books from Birth Foundation, a partnership with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library and United Way of Rutherford & Cannon Counties.
**** Integrated Preschool is separate from PreK. This information is not intended for the Integrated Preschool Classroom. For further information regarding the Integrated Preschool contact the Special Education Department.