Thank you for your interest in the Murfreesboro City Schools Preschool Program.
If you wish to apply for the remainder of the 2021-22 school year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
2022-23 School Year Information
The MCS Pre-K program is funded by a grant for low income or at-risk children. We serve four-year old children who are zoned for a city school.
- • Children must be 4 years old by August 15, 2022.
- • Children must live within the Murfreesboro city limits.
- • Transportation is not provided for Pre-K students.
Eligibility and tentative placements will be determined following the completion of the application process. You will receive a letter on or before July 15th letting you know about your child’s acceptance. If you have specific concerns or questions, you may email email@example.com.
Our Pre-K classrooms will be located in several schools for the 2022-2023 school year, however location of classrooms is tentative and will depend on space available. Locations of classrooms and hours of the program will not be finalized until school begins in August.
Applications will be accepted each Wednesday beginning April 6, 2022 at the MCS Central Office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Language translators are available each Wednesday for assistance.
Please bring the following to apply for Pre-K:
1. Proof of income – 1 month of current pay stubs (4 if paid weekly, 2 if bi-weekly), 2021 W2, or 2021 tax return. Public assistance verification like SNAP may also be submitted. To expedite the processing of your application and ensure determination of eligibility for all Preschool Programs including partnership slots with Mid-Cumberland Head Start please submit a 2021 W-2, 2021 tax return, or current pay stubs.
2. Proof of your address. The only documentation that will be accepted is copy of an electric, water, gas bill or lease with the parent’s name and the service address on it. These bills may be no more than 60 days old. An affidavit will need to be completed if the utility bill is not in the parent’s name.
3. Copy of Official Birth Certificate.
4. Completed Application.
A TN Certificate of Immunization and proof of a physical will be required if your child’s application is approved. If you already have your child’s immunization record, please submit a copy with your application. If you do not have a current form, you may want to make any necessary appointments.
Applications can be picked up at the MCS district office, any MCS school, or printed from the link above.
If your address, phone number, or email changes, please send the updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did You Know?
Every child in Tennessee, birth to age five, is eligible to receive high-quality, age appropriate books in the mail monthly at no cost to families. Enroll in the Governor’s Books from Birth Foundation, a partnership with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library and United Way of Rutherford & Cannon Counties.
**** Integrated Preschool is separate from PreK. This information is not intended for the Integrated Preschool Classroom. For further information regarding the Integrated Preschool contact the Special Education Department.